The Zilker Metropolitan Park Vision Plan is a community-driven planning process to establish a guiding framework for the restoration and future development of Zilker Metropolitan Park. It is the first comprehensive planning initiative to encompass the park’s 350 acres and associated facilities.
In today’s episode, we host the first of 3 conversations about the planning process of Austin’s oldest Metropolitan Park. We initially focus on the background, community engagement process, and how all Austinites can get involved. We will hear from Ricardo Soliz, the Division Manager for PARD Planning, Greg Montes, Program Manager for PARD Planning, and Claire Hempel and Kurt Culbertson, Principals from Design Workshop who are working with PARD to deliver the final Vision Plan.
A huge thank you to everyone that made the first year of the Austin ParksCast a great success. We hope that y’all feel more connected to and informed about Austin’s parks, trails and green spaces! The Austin Parks Foundation team is eternally grateful for your time and support this year. Cheers to the first of hopefully many years to come. We look forward to bringing you lots of exciting content next. year!
- The Future of Zilker Park: Want to help shape the future of Zilker Park? Your opinion matters! Check out the Zilker Vision Plan and let your voice be heard.
- Local Parks Need Your Help: If you’d like to support our work in parks across Austin, head to austinparks.org/give today. Your support means the world to us!
- Zilker Park’s New Mini Train: Construction of the Zilker Eagle is happening now with an anticipated opening in Early 2022. Get the latest updates at zilkertrain.org!
- Volunteer With Us: Volunteer events are back and brought to you by Cap Metro! Check out Austin Parks Foundation’s event calendar for available volunteer opportunities in a park near you. We can’t wait to help our parks with y’all!
- Park Gear That Supports APF: Did you know Austin Parks Foundation has a merch store? Visit shop.austinparks.org to get some awesome gear or apparel for your next park adventure! Our brand new APF and Zilker Eagle collections are now available and perfect gifts this holiday season.